INOBU’s Research Team is responsible for designing, leading and implementing applied research projects in the fields of agriculture, forestry, rural livelihoods and environmental governance and policy. The team is a multi-disciplinary team, made up of economists, biologists and ecologists and spatial scientists. INOBU’s research is designed to inform Indonesian and global policies for the benefit of nature and society. The Research Team also supports the other divisions in INOBU, providing research and analysis support for the implementation of its programs and supporting fundraising and communication activities. As the Research Manager, you would:
- Coordinate multi-disciplinary research projects in the fields of agriculture, forestry, rural livelihoods and environmental governance and policy;
- Lead the publication of reports, policy briefs and journal articles;
- Supervise and mentor a small, multi-disciplinary team of researchers;
- Provide research and analysis to support the other units and programs in INOBU;
- Lead the design and submission of grant proposals as well as ensuring the timely submission of deliverables to donors; and
- Present the results of research activities to donors, academic audiences, decision makers and other stakeholders as required, both nationally and internationally.
Ideally, the candidate will have:
- A Master’s Degree (PhD preferred) in Economics, Environmental Policy, Geography, Spatial Sciences or Ecology;
- Publications in international journals;
- At least 5 years of experience in coordinating multi-disciplinary research projects in the fields of agriculture, forestry, rural livelihoods and environmental governance and policy;
- Fluency in Indonesian and English;
- A proven track record in fundraising for Research and Development activities; and
- Experience supervising and mentoring a team of researchers.
Work Location ; Denpasar – Bali
The candidate should be an Indonesian citizen or have the right to live and work in Indonesia. Sponsorship will not be provided for this position.